This was the class photgraph taken when i was in 8th class at Jamnabhen Hirachand Ambani School in the Reliance township in Lodhivali.
It always keeps me reminding me of the good old days at the school, later after my 8th class i was sent to my granny's place to continue with my 'education'.

The resons for my deportation were:
1). I had to study for 4 consecutive years in AP prior to my +2 to get the nativity of that state.(Though i never got it) Actually, my grandfather also managed to get a false certificate showing that i had been with them for.....8 yrs(as far as i remember)

2). My parents thought that if i stay back in that school, i would screw up my academics. Thtz a long story........

I was lot different in those days. Daily i was thrown out of the my Science class, for simple reason that i didn't answer the dreaded questions asked the teacher. Even though, if i managed to answer, he found some another dammed reason to throw me out....

And when it came to Geography, it was taughtby a Bengali madam, who looked like a typical mountain goat from the Himalayas. She always had only one sentance to speak about me to my parents no matter how good or bad i scored in that subject - "baap ree ,Ravi Kiran, he is detoriating day by day" and gave a foolish frown at me, challenging me with her looks. And i gave her back a more serious frown, and challenging her. Back home i always had bad time after the parent teacher meeting- no TV, no games, no going out for another week.


N coming to Sanskrit, it was the dullest subject i had ever studied. I created waves in the school corridors, when i scored 2 marks out of 100 in the half yearly exams of 8th class. After that life was hell for me. But, managed to pass the finals with around 66 marks, i was the happiest man on earth tht day, when our final results were announced and also managed to get around 70% that year, though i never crossed 55%, the whole year.

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Who is the teacher shown in this photo ?
    Unknown said...
    In which year was this photo taken

Post a Comment